IIM-Lucknow students bag over 550 job offers
New Delhi: IIM-Lucknow set a record in the just concluded campus placement drive with its batch of 453 students bagging over 500 job offers from more than 220 companies.
Among the reputed firms which visited the campus were Amazon, Accenture Management Consulting, Headstrong Consulting and Aditya Birla Group. Amazon made 13 offers, an IIM-Lucknow statement said.
Even in terms of stipend offered as compared to the last year`s figures, IIM-Lucknow saw a near 20 per cent increase across all recruiters with the average stipend being close to Rs 50,000 per month for domestic locations, it said.
Consulting offers went up by over 21 per cent, coming from prestigious firms such as McKinsey and Company, The Boston Consulting Group, A T Kearney, Accenture Management Consulting, Deloitte US, PriceWaterhouseCoopers among others.
Marketing, however, continued to be the stronghold of IIM -Lucknow with 36 per cent of the offers coming from firms such as Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Procter and Gamble and Reckitt Benckiser.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video