IM mastermind Yasin Bhatkal lived in Delhi
New Delhi: Terror mastermind Yasin Bhatkal also known as Shahrukh and Ahmad Siddi Bappa was living in Delhi for atleast the past six months even as security agencies were scouring the length and breadth of the country to trace him.
Shahrukh is believed to be the third in Indian Mujahideen’s hierarchy after brothers Riyaz and Iqbal Bhatkal. All of them belong to the town of Bhatkal in Karnataka.
Shahrukh emerged as IM’s top operative in the country after Riyaz and Iqbal escaped to Karachi According to the investigators, Shahrukh had taken over the running of IM in the country ever since Riyaz and Iqbal escaped to Karachi.
As per reports, Sharukh made frequent trips to Madhubani district in Bihar – bordering Nepal – to coordinate transit of money and explosives from across the porous border and also look for recruits.
He is also said to be the chief financer of various modules of Indian Mujahideen but he ensured that he never disclosed the identity of one module to another.
The arrested IM operatives are belived to have told the police that Shahrukh was behind the attack in Jama Masjid. The attack was part of the new terror plan to target tourists to create panic.
As per a news paper report, the Delhi Police is now looking at the possibility of his involvement in the May 25 and September 7 Delhi High Court blasts. A reward of Rs 15 lakhs has also been announced for any information on Shahrukh.
Sources have told Zee News that ISI’s role in abetting terror activities in India has also been reasserted as per the details collected in the ongoing probe.
However, the six arrested terror operatives - Pakistani national Mohammad Adil, Mohammad Qateel Siddique, Mohammad Irshad Khan, Gauhar Aziz Khomani, Gayur Ahmad Jamali and Abdur Rehman – have, reportedly, told the cops that they don`t know much about Yasin`s hideouts and contacts. They, the source added, were also ignorant about Yasin`s future plans. Four of them will be produced in a city court on Friday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Lindsay told me she's pregnant: Father
- Barack Obama slams Donald Trump for 'selling fear'; endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency
- India vs West Indies, 2nd Test: Virat Kohli and co get into Jamaican groove with heavy work-out
- Air India passengers to have hassle-free travel; 2 check-in counters opened at Delhi Metro station
- Abu Jundal convicted in 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case; court accepts there was a conspiracy to eliminate Modi, Togadia