IM mastermind Yasin Bhatkal lived in Delhi
New Delhi: Terror mastermind Yasin Bhatkal also known as Shahrukh and Ahmad Siddi Bappa was living in Delhi for atleast the past six months even as security agencies were scouring the length and breadth of the country to trace him.
Shahrukh is believed to be the third in Indian Mujahideen’s hierarchy after brothers Riyaz and Iqbal Bhatkal. All of them belong to the town of Bhatkal in Karnataka.
Shahrukh emerged as IM’s top operative in the country after Riyaz and Iqbal escaped to Karachi According to the investigators, Shahrukh had taken over the running of IM in the country ever since Riyaz and Iqbal escaped to Karachi.
As per reports, Sharukh made frequent trips to Madhubani district in Bihar – bordering Nepal – to coordinate transit of money and explosives from across the porous border and also look for recruits.
He is also said to be the chief financer of various modules of Indian Mujahideen but he ensured that he never disclosed the identity of one module to another.
The arrested IM operatives are belived to have told the police that Shahrukh was behind the attack in Jama Masjid. The attack was part of the new terror plan to target tourists to create panic.
As per a news paper report, the Delhi Police is now looking at the possibility of his involvement in the May 25 and September 7 Delhi High Court blasts. A reward of Rs 15 lakhs has also been announced for any information on Shahrukh.
Sources have told Zee News that ISI’s role in abetting terror activities in India has also been reasserted as per the details collected in the ongoing probe.
However, the six arrested terror operatives - Pakistani national Mohammad Adil, Mohammad Qateel Siddique, Mohammad Irshad Khan, Gauhar Aziz Khomani, Gayur Ahmad Jamali and Abdur Rehman – have, reportedly, told the cops that they don`t know much about Yasin`s hideouts and contacts. They, the source added, were also ignorant about Yasin`s future plans. Four of them will be produced in a city court on Friday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September
- US says India has shown sustained commitment to non-proliferation