Important roads to be developed
New Delhi: Government has identified strategically important roads for development along the India- China border and steps are being taken for infrastructure development there, the Rajya Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
In a written reply to the House, Defence Minister A K
Antony said, "Government has identified strategically
important border roads for development along the India-China
border. As per the Long Term Perspective Plan, other roads
have also been identified for development there."
He said the government is aware of the need for
infrastructure development in areas along India-China border
and, "steps as required have been initiated to undertake
infrastructure development in consonance without threat
On whether government proposes to increase the strength
of force deployed there, Antony said, "Military capacity
enhancement and modernisation of armed force is a dynamic
process which takes into account the cumulative security
challenges envisaged by the nation."
Necessary steps as required are initiated to achieve the
desired defence preparedness through accretion and deployment
of forces to ensure national security concerns, Antony said.
Replying to a question whether defence personnel from
foreign countries are stationed in India, the Defence Minister
said that such persons are stationed in various diplomatic
"Defence personnel from foreign countries are stationed
in various diplomatic missions in India. Apart from this,
defence personnel from foreign countries visit India for
varying durations as part of bilateral cooperation
activities," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state