In-principle approval for 3 Sainik schools in UP, 2 in Rajasthan
New Delhi: Government has given in-principle approval for establishment of three Sainik schools in Uttar Pradesh and two in Rajasthan, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley informed Lok Sabha Friday.
The three Sainik schools will be set up in Mainpuri, Amethi and Jhansi in Uttar Pradesh, he said while replying to a supplementary during Question Hour.
In-principle approval for setting up of two Sainik schools in Rajasthan -- Alwar and Jhunjhunu -- were also given by the government, Jaitley said.
The Minister said construction is going on for establishment of a Sainik school in Assam (Sivasagar) and site survey has been carried out for setting up of a Sainik school at Rudraprayag in Uttarakhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video