India-Bangladesh to enhance ground-level meets
New Delhi: India and Bangladesh on Monday announced that its border guarding forces will implement "out-of-the-box" solutions, including increased interaction of
commanders at the ground level, to ensure safety and security along the 4,096-km long border.
The decision was arrived after a 21-member delegation of the Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB), led by its chief Major General Anwar Hussain, finished its four-day border talks with the Border Security Force (BSF) here.
"Last four days we tried to work out the practical modalities about how we are going to execute the decision taken at Home Ministers level.
We discussed in an out-of-the-box...in a very pragmatic way to deal with situation in the border area...we have reached certain agreements to be implemented at the ground level," Maj Gen Hussain told reporters after the closing ceremony of the border-level conference.
We have come to a consensus that we have common enemies to fight, the BGB chief said, who was flanked by BSF Director General U K Bansal.
The bi-annual BSF-BGB meet aims to sort out various issues along the open border, which is notorious for smuggling and illegal trespass incidents.
BGB chief Hussain said both the forces will enhance exchange of information and will have "mini-interactive" sessions at regular intervals among various ranks of the
commanders on the border, beginning from border-out-post to company and sector commanders level.
Both the forces will also "sensitise" the border population on their sides and urge them to carry valid documents while crossing over to the other side.
"I am very happy to report to you that we have reached and advanced our understanding of the issues on the border.
We have a far better understanding of issues of concern to both countries and most importantly we have been able to achieve a high-level of understanding on how to address those issues in the best interest of both countries," BSF chief Bansal said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'