India-Bangladesh to enhance ground-level meets
New Delhi: India and Bangladesh on Monday announced that its border guarding forces will implement "out-of-the-box" solutions, including increased interaction of
commanders at the ground level, to ensure safety and security along the 4,096-km long border.
The decision was arrived after a 21-member delegation of the Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB), led by its chief Major General Anwar Hussain, finished its four-day border talks with the Border Security Force (BSF) here.
"Last four days we tried to work out the practical modalities about how we are going to execute the decision taken at Home Ministers level.
We discussed in an out-of-the-box...in a very pragmatic way to deal with situation in the border area...we have reached certain agreements to be implemented at the ground level," Maj Gen Hussain told reporters after the closing ceremony of the border-level conference.
We have come to a consensus that we have common enemies to fight, the BGB chief said, who was flanked by BSF Director General U K Bansal.
The bi-annual BSF-BGB meet aims to sort out various issues along the open border, which is notorious for smuggling and illegal trespass incidents.
BGB chief Hussain said both the forces will enhance exchange of information and will have "mini-interactive" sessions at regular intervals among various ranks of the
commanders on the border, beginning from border-out-post to company and sector commanders level.
Both the forces will also "sensitise" the border population on their sides and urge them to carry valid documents while crossing over to the other side.
"I am very happy to report to you that we have reached and advanced our understanding of the issues on the border.
We have a far better understanding of issues of concern to both countries and most importantly we have been able to achieve a high-level of understanding on how to address those issues in the best interest of both countries," BSF chief Bansal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick