India, China border dispute complicated: Indian envoy
New Delhi: The boundary dispute between India and China is a complicated issue and needs detailed examination, India`s envoy to China said here Monday.
"The boundary dispute (between India and China) is a complicated issue. The two leaders (prime ministers of both countries) agreed that it needs detailed examination," India`s ambassador to China S. Jaishankar told reporters during a media briefing.
"The issue was discussed at length," he said.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Chinese premier Li Keqiang agreed Monday that their special representatives would meet soon to discuss the border dispute.
"We agreed that our special representatives will meet soon to continue discussions, seeking early agreement on a framework for a fair, reasonable and mutually acceptable boundary settlement," said the prime minister.
Chinese troops intruded some 19 km across the Line of Actual Control (LAC) -- the de-facto border -- April 15 and pitched tents, raising tensions between the two countries.
The row ended May 5 after several rounds of negotiations - military and diplomatic - with both sides reverting to the position that existed before April 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Cricketer Dwayne Bravo to sing peppy number in Bollywood for 'Tum Bin 2'
- Coal India Limited's 66 coal mine projects facing delays
- Tax dept asks officers to suggest changes in direct tax laws
- RAW footage Caution: Speeding train runs over man as he lay on rail track – WATCH
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar visit three-time NBA champions Miami Heat