India, IAEA sign pact on contribution to n-security fund
New Delhi: India has signed a pact with global atomic watchdog IAEA concerning its voluntary contribution to the Nuclear Security Fund (NSF).
The arrangement concerning the NSF was signed by Ratan Kumar Sinha, Chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission and Yukiya Amano, Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in Vienna yesterday.
At the Nuclear Security Summit in Seoul in March, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had announced a contribution of USD one million to towards activities concerning nuclear security.
"I am pleased to announce that yesterday (Sept 18) India signed an arrangement with the IAEA concerning the voluntary contribution to the Nuclear Security Fund," Sinha told the 56th IAEA General Conference today.
He said India looked forward to working with the IAEA on identified activities in the field of nuclear security.
"India has consistently supported IAEA`s important role in facilitating national efforts to strengthen nuclear security and fostering effective international cooperation," he said.
Sinha also announced India`s voluntary contribution of USD 50,000 to International Project on Innovative Nuclear Reactors and Fuel Cycles (INPRO).
"I am happy to announce that India will continue its support to INPRO by making a voluntary contribution of USD 50,000 in addition to in-kind contribution through active participation in several INPRO initiatives," he said.
The INPRO methodology for assessment of innovative nuclear reactors and fuel cycles provides a broad framework for developing specific goals and acceptance criteria for new designs, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in