India, IAEA sign pact on contribution to n-security fund
New Delhi: India has signed a pact with global atomic watchdog IAEA concerning its voluntary contribution to the Nuclear Security Fund (NSF).
The arrangement concerning the NSF was signed by Ratan Kumar Sinha, Chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission and Yukiya Amano, Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in Vienna yesterday.
At the Nuclear Security Summit in Seoul in March, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had announced a contribution of USD one million to towards activities concerning nuclear security.
"I am pleased to announce that yesterday (Sept 18) India signed an arrangement with the IAEA concerning the voluntary contribution to the Nuclear Security Fund," Sinha told the 56th IAEA General Conference today.
He said India looked forward to working with the IAEA on identified activities in the field of nuclear security.
"India has consistently supported IAEA`s important role in facilitating national efforts to strengthen nuclear security and fostering effective international cooperation," he said.
Sinha also announced India`s voluntary contribution of USD 50,000 to International Project on Innovative Nuclear Reactors and Fuel Cycles (INPRO).
"I am happy to announce that India will continue its support to INPRO by making a voluntary contribution of USD 50,000 in addition to in-kind contribution through active participation in several INPRO initiatives," he said.
The INPRO methodology for assessment of innovative nuclear reactors and fuel cycles provides a broad framework for developing specific goals and acceptance criteria for new designs, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic