India in touch with Iran to get access to accused Iranians
New Delhi: India is in touch with Iran to
get access to three Iranians wanted in connection with the
bomb attack on an Israeli diplomat here last month.
"We are in touch with the government of Iran and with the
Embassy of Iran in India in order to be able to access certain
persons for questioning. The Ministry of External Affairs is
handling the matter. I can`t say anything more than that,"
Home Minister P Chidambaram said at a press conference here.
Investigators looking into the February 13 terror attack
case have claimed that four Iranians and an Indian journalist,
Syed Ahmed Kazmi, were allegedly part of the conspiracy to
attack the Israeli embassy car.
They had claimed that the module, which carried out the
attack on Aurangazeb road, had recced the mission way back in
May last year before returning to check again in January and
February this year.
Following a request of CBI, the Interpol has already
issued look-out notices against the Iranians -- Houshang
Afshar Irani, Syed Ali Mahdiansadr, Mohammadreza Abolghasemi
and Masoud Sedaghatzadeh.
Irani, Mahdiansadr and Abolghasemi are believed to be in
Iran while Sedaghatzadeh is in the custody of Malaysian
authorities following his arrest there.
Israeli diplomat Tal Yehoshua and an Indian driver of
the embassy vehicle were among four people injured in the
February 13 blast after a magnetic bomb stuck to the vehicle
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack