India in touch with Iran to get access to accused Iranians
New Delhi: India is in touch with Iran to
get access to three Iranians wanted in connection with the
bomb attack on an Israeli diplomat here last month.
"We are in touch with the government of Iran and with the
Embassy of Iran in India in order to be able to access certain
persons for questioning. The Ministry of External Affairs is
handling the matter. I can`t say anything more than that,"
Home Minister P Chidambaram said at a press conference here.
Investigators looking into the February 13 terror attack
case have claimed that four Iranians and an Indian journalist,
Syed Ahmed Kazmi, were allegedly part of the conspiracy to
attack the Israeli embassy car.
They had claimed that the module, which carried out the
attack on Aurangazeb road, had recced the mission way back in
May last year before returning to check again in January and
February this year.
Following a request of CBI, the Interpol has already
issued look-out notices against the Iranians -- Houshang
Afshar Irani, Syed Ali Mahdiansadr, Mohammadreza Abolghasemi
and Masoud Sedaghatzadeh.
Irani, Mahdiansadr and Abolghasemi are believed to be in
Iran while Sedaghatzadeh is in the custody of Malaysian
authorities following his arrest there.
Israeli diplomat Tal Yehoshua and an Indian driver of
the embassy vehicle were among four people injured in the
February 13 blast after a magnetic bomb stuck to the vehicle
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH