India needs youth leaders for nation building: PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday said the country needs more youth leaders to infuse creativity, energy and dynamism in different fields of national endeavour.
"I have great faith in the youth of our country. I have no doubt that given the right opportunity, they will rise to the occasion.
"Our country needs many more youth leaders to infuse creativity, energy and dynamism in different fields of national endeavour," Singh said while addressing the NCC`s
annual rally at the Garrison Parade Ground here.
Singh, who took the salute of an impressive parade by NCC`s mounting and marching contingents, also lauded their contribution in various fields including sports and community
"I am very happy to learn that NCC cadets extended
invaluable help in the aftermath of the serial bomb blast in
Mumbai and the earthquake last year," he said.
Many national leaders including freedom fighter Subash
Chandra Bose were NCC cadets, Singh said.
The Prime Minister also conveyed his wishes to cadets
from other countries and asked them to carry back message of
friendship, love and peace from India.
Cadets representing 17 directorates dotted the landscape
with vibrant colours at the ground, where the Prime Minister
also distributed awards to the cadets.
The march past was followed by a spectacular display of
various skills by the cadets of the NCC`s three wings.
Particularly eye-catching was the creation of a modern
war-field by the Army wing cadets of NCC, who carried out
thrilling and daring drops from helicopters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh