India says it has serious concerns over terrorism in Pakistan
New Delhi: India on Saturday said it has serious concerns over terrorism in Pakistan and it has to deal with it in the best possible manner as terrorism "cannot be responded by terrorism".
"We have to deal with Pakistan in the best manner possible given the circumstances given the fact that we cannot respond terrorism with terrorism. We are seen as a force for moderation, reason, stability and the good sense and that is a huge asset that we should never let go," Foreign Secretary Sujatha Singh told women journalists at an event to mark International Women`s Day.
She also talked about "harsh realities" in Pakistan which need to be recognised. "We still have serious concerns about terrorism in Pakistan. We have serious concerns over many incidents that have happened that seemed to keep our efforts to normalise relations back," she said.
She was asked if India was soft on Pakistan because there was a `disconnect` between the political will and foreign policy implementation in the country. "We are all on the same page in the government," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah