`India should not discuss Kashmir with Pakistan`
Srinagar: Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Wednesday said India should not have any dialogue with Pakistan on Kashmir since it is an integral part of this country.
Swamy, who is here for the National Council meeting of Janata Party here, said the only "unfinished agenda" on Kashmir is to get back the part of the state which is under the occupation of Pakistan.
"Let me make it clear that dialogue with Pakistan cannot resolve Kashmir issue. There should be no talks with Pakistan on Kashmir," Swamy told reporters here.
Swamy also said there was a need for a new approach for resolution of problems faced by people of Kashmir.
Asked about his party`s stand on Article 370 of the Constitution granting special status to Kashmir, Swamy said the provision has been violated by militants by driving away Kashmiri Pandits from the Valley.
In reply to a question, Swamy said the BJP-led NDA will come to power in the next Lok Sabha elections due next year as the ruling UPA has been a "total failure".
Swamy said corruption, national unity and fight against terrorism will be the main issues during the polls.
On the IPL controversy, he demanded stern punishment for those involved in the spot-fixing scandal.
Swamy also said IPL should be allowed to remain as a sport and that people with no connection with cricket should be kept away from the administration of the game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you