India takes note of `positive signals` from Pak
Jaipur: India Friday noted the "positive indications" from Pakistan following the tension at Line of Control (LoC) in the wake of beheading of its soldier and said it will give an "appropriate" response if Islamabad makes a formal proposal for talks between the foreign ministers.
"These are positive indications, good indications. Let us wait for formal proposal then we can respond formally," External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid told reporters here.
He was asked about the offer of Pakistani Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar for discussions on "all" concerns related to LoC.
Replying to queries, Khurshid said, "Don`t use words like softening and hardening (of stand). There is a positive content in some of the statements that have come from both the (Pakistani) Foreign Minister and the High Commissioner (in Delhi).
"The positive content in it is welcome and it should be getting an appropriate response from our side," the Minister said, a day after he had stated that talks at the Foreign Ministers` level cannot be done in a rush.
On the LoC incident in which two soldiers were killed on January 8, Khurshid said it had caused "enormous hurt, pain and now a complete solution is still not evident".
He said there were "very deep concerns" because of what happened and "we are trying to ensure that those get addressed and the situation also does not deteriorate. All these things have to be kept in mind".
On the peace process, he said it was strategically and tactically important for India`s role in the world and, therefore, "its importance is not going to be undermined by incidents that happen from time to time.
"Peace process is something in which we have invested a lot of time and we have done it emotionally."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what