India to be self-reliant in defence manufacturing: Modi
Leh: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday said that the government is committed to make India self-reliant in defence manufacturing.
Modi, who is on a day-long visit to the Ladakh region, addressed soldiers here.
The prime minister spoke of the provisions made in the union budget towards the modernization and welfare of the armed forces, including ‘One Rank One Pension’.
He also promised that the National War Memorial would be built and would inspire future generations of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says