India to be self-reliant in defence manufacturing: Modi
Leh: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday said that the government is committed to make India self-reliant in defence manufacturing.
Modi, who is on a day-long visit to the Ladakh region, addressed soldiers here.
The prime minister spoke of the provisions made in the union budget towards the modernization and welfare of the armed forces, including ‘One Rank One Pension’.
He also promised that the National War Memorial would be built and would inspire future generations of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda