India to Pak: Truce violations jeopardise peace
Jammu: India has in strong words conveyed to Pakistan its concerns over targeting of the Indian border posts by the Pakistani forces and implications of such "provocative" actions for the peace at the Line of Control (LoC).
The message was conveyed during a brigadier-level flag meeting between the two forces at Chakan Da Bagh in Kashmir`s Poonch district Saturday, officials said.
Last week, two Indian soldiers were killed in firings between the two sides, creating a very tense situation on the LoC.
The Indian Army personnel told their Pakistani counterparts that their actions were "provocative" and could jeopardise the ceasefire on the border, operative since November 2003, according to informed sources.
India also made it clear that the Indian soldiers had the right to retaliate to such "unprovoked" firing from across the LoC.
Earlier, after a series of ceasefire violations, the Pakistan Army cancelled a commandant-level (colonel-level) meeting scheduled in the sector June 16.
Army sources said the firings by the Pakistani forces were to divert the attention of the Indian troops to facilitate infiltration of militants in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Star cast of Jimmy Sheirgill's 'Shorgul' out in this brand new poster! – View pic
- Caught on camera: Gram Panchayat president attempting to rape woman in Mandya
- Mega event today to mark 2 years of BJP govt; Amitabh to host small segment on girl child campaign
- Preity Zinta all set to make her first TV show appearance post wedding! – See pic
- Do you know where is Katrina Kaif's paradise? Watch video