Indian nuclear power capacity to shoot up
New Delhi: India`s nuclear power capacity will rise from 4,780 MW now to 10,080 MW by 2017, parliament was informed Wednesday.
Minister of State in the Prime Minister`s office V. Narayanasamy said this in the Lok Sabha.
He said in 2011, the share of nuclear power generation was three percent of the total electricity production in India.
He said the 2017 target would be met with the progressive completion of four ongoing projects of 5,300 MW capacity.
He said the 12th Five Year Plan proposals envisaged start of work on 19 new nuclear power reactors with a total capacity of 17,400 MW.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog