Indian nuclear power capacity to shoot up
New Delhi: India`s nuclear power capacity will rise from 4,780 MW now to 10,080 MW by 2017, parliament was informed Wednesday.
Minister of State in the Prime Minister`s office V. Narayanasamy said this in the Lok Sabha.
He said in 2011, the share of nuclear power generation was three percent of the total electricity production in India.
He said the 2017 target would be met with the progressive completion of four ongoing projects of 5,300 MW capacity.
He said the 12th Five Year Plan proposals envisaged start of work on 19 new nuclear power reactors with a total capacity of 17,400 MW.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune