Indian nuclear power capacity to shoot up
New Delhi: India`s nuclear power capacity will rise from 4,780 MW now to 10,080 MW by 2017, parliament was informed Wednesday.
Minister of State in the Prime Minister`s office V. Narayanasamy said this in the Lok Sabha.
He said in 2011, the share of nuclear power generation was three percent of the total electricity production in India.
He said the 2017 target would be met with the progressive completion of four ongoing projects of 5,300 MW capacity.
He said the 12th Five Year Plan proposals envisaged start of work on 19 new nuclear power reactors with a total capacity of 17,400 MW.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India