Indian-origin man charged for fraud in UK
London: An unemployed Indian origin man has been charged with three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by withdrawing nearly 280,000 pounds from a successful businesswoman`s account.
Scotland Yard detectives investigating the disappearance of 50-year-old Carole Waugh have charged Wembley-based Rakesh Bhayani, 40.
He appeared via virtual court at Westminster Magistrates` Court this morning.
Waugh was last seen in central London on May 4.
Last week, five other people were arrested in connection with her disappearance. All have been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.
Waugh, who is originally from Durham and has worked in the Middle East, lived in the Marylebone area of London.
The police have described her disappearance as "out of character".
Police is investigating whether Waugh was kidnapped by a gang who then forced her to reveal her PIN numbers before plundering her accounts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India