Indian-origin man charged for fraud in UK
London: An unemployed Indian origin man has been charged with three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by withdrawing nearly 280,000 pounds from a successful businesswoman`s account.
Scotland Yard detectives investigating the disappearance of 50-year-old Carole Waugh have charged Wembley-based Rakesh Bhayani, 40.
He appeared via virtual court at Westminster Magistrates` Court this morning.
Waugh was last seen in central London on May 4.
Last week, five other people were arrested in connection with her disappearance. All have been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.
Waugh, who is originally from Durham and has worked in the Middle East, lived in the Marylebone area of London.
The police have described her disappearance as "out of character".
Police is investigating whether Waugh was kidnapped by a gang who then forced her to reveal her PIN numbers before plundering her accounts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!