Indian-origin man in Singapore jailed
Singapore: A Singapore court on Friday sentenced a 45-year-old Indian-origin man to two years in jail for molesting a 13-year-old boy.
S Subramaniam, a real estate agent, was found guilty of molesting the student at the former`s flat at the Yishun area here Dec 23, 2011, the Straits Times reported.
The court heard that Subramaniam invited the boy and his 14-year-old cousin and committed the act.
The boy said that he tried to move away but failed to do so.
Deputy public prosecutor Norman Yew had sought a 24-month jail term for the convict as he was recalcitrant and showed no remorse for the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions