Indian-origin man in Singapore jailed
Singapore: A Singapore court on Friday sentenced a 45-year-old Indian-origin man to two years in jail for molesting a 13-year-old boy.
S Subramaniam, a real estate agent, was found guilty of molesting the student at the former`s flat at the Yishun area here Dec 23, 2011, the Straits Times reported.
The court heard that Subramaniam invited the boy and his 14-year-old cousin and committed the act.
The boy said that he tried to move away but failed to do so.
Deputy public prosecutor Norman Yew had sought a 24-month jail term for the convict as he was recalcitrant and showed no remorse for the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report