Indian-origin man in Singapore jailed
Singapore: A Singapore court on Friday sentenced a 45-year-old Indian-origin man to two years in jail for molesting a 13-year-old boy.
S Subramaniam, a real estate agent, was found guilty of molesting the student at the former`s flat at the Yishun area here Dec 23, 2011, the Straits Times reported.
The court heard that Subramaniam invited the boy and his 14-year-old cousin and committed the act.
The boy said that he tried to move away but failed to do so.
Deputy public prosecutor Norman Yew had sought a 24-month jail term for the convict as he was recalcitrant and showed no remorse for the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi