Indian-origin man in Singapore jailed
Singapore: A Singapore court on Friday sentenced a 45-year-old Indian-origin man to two years in jail for molesting a 13-year-old boy.
S Subramaniam, a real estate agent, was found guilty of molesting the student at the former`s flat at the Yishun area here Dec 23, 2011, the Straits Times reported.
The court heard that Subramaniam invited the boy and his 14-year-old cousin and committed the act.
The boy said that he tried to move away but failed to do so.
Deputy public prosecutor Norman Yew had sought a 24-month jail term for the convict as he was recalcitrant and showed no remorse for the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city