Indian scientist reported missing in US
Karimnagar: An Indian scientist has gone missing in the United States since a year, his mother said here on Wednesday.
According to Orre Mallavva, a widow of Morepalli village in Karimnagar district, nearly 55 km from here, her son Orre Ramaswamy, had worked as a scientist in New Delhi about 20 years ago and left for the United States.
She said that last year he had contacted her from New Orleans and since then, she had not heard anything about her son. In December, 2012, she approached External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid and requested him to find the whereabouts of her son.
After her request, the External Affairs Ministry wrote to the Indian mission in San Francisco to find out his whereabouts.
The letter dated December 28, 2012, also asked the mission to trace Orre Ramaswamy`s details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez