Indian scientist reported missing in US
Karimnagar: An Indian scientist has gone missing in the United States since a year, his mother said here on Wednesday.
According to Orre Mallavva, a widow of Morepalli village in Karimnagar district, nearly 55 km from here, her son Orre Ramaswamy, had worked as a scientist in New Delhi about 20 years ago and left for the United States.
She said that last year he had contacted her from New Orleans and since then, she had not heard anything about her son. In December, 2012, she approached External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid and requested him to find the whereabouts of her son.
After her request, the External Affairs Ministry wrote to the Indian mission in San Francisco to find out his whereabouts.
The letter dated December 28, 2012, also asked the mission to trace Orre Ramaswamy`s details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj