Indian scientist reported missing in US
Karimnagar: An Indian scientist has gone missing in the United States since a year, his mother said here on Wednesday.
According to Orre Mallavva, a widow of Morepalli village in Karimnagar district, nearly 55 km from here, her son Orre Ramaswamy, had worked as a scientist in New Delhi about 20 years ago and left for the United States.
She said that last year he had contacted her from New Orleans and since then, she had not heard anything about her son. In December, 2012, she approached External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid and requested him to find the whereabouts of her son.
After her request, the External Affairs Ministry wrote to the Indian mission in San Francisco to find out his whereabouts.
The letter dated December 28, 2012, also asked the mission to trace Orre Ramaswamy`s details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why