Indian varsities must match global standards: UGC
Gorakhpur: Stressing on the need for quality higher education, University Grants Commission Chairman Ved Prakash on Friday said Indian universities need to come up with a comprehensive plan to match global standards.
Delivering the key note address at the inauguration of 87th annual general body meeting of vice-chancellors, Prakash said, "The higher education scenario across the globe is changing and Indian universities need to come up with a comprehensive plan to meet the challenges and demands of the future."
Prakash also said that the UGC had played an important role towards uniformity of syllabus for higher eduction across the country.
Uttar Pradesh Governor B L Joshi, who is also the chancellor of all UP universities, inaugurated the three-day annual meet organised by Association of Indian Universities.
"Unemployment can be addressed with skill development programs. Quality education is prerequisite for sustainable and responsible development," Joshi said.
About 400 delegates including vice-chancellors of several universities participated in the conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal