Indian varsities must match global standards: UGC
Gorakhpur: Stressing on the need for quality higher education, University Grants Commission Chairman Ved Prakash on Friday said Indian universities need to come up with a comprehensive plan to match global standards.
Delivering the key note address at the inauguration of 87th annual general body meeting of vice-chancellors, Prakash said, "The higher education scenario across the globe is changing and Indian universities need to come up with a comprehensive plan to meet the challenges and demands of the future."
Prakash also said that the UGC had played an important role towards uniformity of syllabus for higher eduction across the country.
Uttar Pradesh Governor B L Joshi, who is also the chancellor of all UP universities, inaugurated the three-day annual meet organised by Association of Indian Universities.
"Unemployment can be addressed with skill development programs. Quality education is prerequisite for sustainable and responsible development," Joshi said.
About 400 delegates including vice-chancellors of several universities participated in the conference.
- WATCH: You ripper! Unplayable magic ball leaves master batsman VVS Laxman completely exposed!
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Preview
- Sebi to up vigil to check misuse of investor money by brokers
- Three detained for murder of Hindu tailor in Bangladesh
- Electric transport policy on anvil for hilly terrains