Indian varsities must match global standards: UGC
Gorakhpur: Stressing on the need for quality higher education, University Grants Commission Chairman Ved Prakash on Friday said Indian universities need to come up with a comprehensive plan to match global standards.
Delivering the key note address at the inauguration of 87th annual general body meeting of vice-chancellors, Prakash said, "The higher education scenario across the globe is changing and Indian universities need to come up with a comprehensive plan to meet the challenges and demands of the future."
Prakash also said that the UGC had played an important role towards uniformity of syllabus for higher eduction across the country.
Uttar Pradesh Governor B L Joshi, who is also the chancellor of all UP universities, inaugurated the three-day annual meet organised by Association of Indian Universities.
"Unemployment can be addressed with skill development programs. Quality education is prerequisite for sustainable and responsible development," Joshi said.
About 400 delegates including vice-chancellors of several universities participated in the conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?