IndiGo hoax call: TN-based lawyer nabbed from Bihar
New Delhi: A Tamil Nadu-based lawyer, who allegedly made a hoax call last Tuesday about a bomb being planted on a Patna-bound IndiGo aircraft after he was late for the flight, has been arrested from Bihar, police said on Monday.
"33-year-old Pramod S Elongan was arrested from Bihar`s Danapur Cantonment, where her wife is employed, on March 2," said J S Deswal DCP IGI Airport.
Elongan, a resident of Tiruchirapalli in Tamil Nadu and a member of Madras Bar Association, had gone to Panipat for some work.
He had booked a ticket on the IndiGo flight (6E-178) to Patna for February 26.
But, when he got late to catch his flight while returning from Panipat, he allegedly made a call to the Delhi Police control room saying there was a bomb on the plane with an intention to delay its take off, which was scheduled at 12.15 PM.
"Police arrested him after tracing his mobile number, which was of Tamil Nadu, to Danapur where his wife is employed," Deswal said.
He was brought to Delhi on transit remand and would be produced in court, he added.
The flight was delayed by over three hours as police and Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) jumped into action after getting the call.
The bomb disposal squad was pressed into service after deboarding all passengers and the plane was taken to a remote bay.
After a search of over two hours, no bomb was found and the plane was declared safe.
The flight finally took off at 3.40 PM.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India