Indo-Nepal border to remain sealed from November 18 to 20
Bahraich: In view of Constituent Assembly elections in Nepal, the Indo-Nepal border will be sealed from November 18 evening to November 20 to prevent illegal movement of people and arms, officials said on Thursday.
The Constituent Assembly elections in Nepal is scheduled for November 19.
Superintendent of Police Mohit Gupta, who returned after attending a meeting of Indo-Nepal Border District Coordination Committee, said the Nepalese officials had sought cooperation of their Indian counterparts for the smooth and peaceful conduct of the polls.
The SP said that during the meeting the Nepalese officers made a proposal to seal the border from 6 pm on November 18 to 6 am on November 20 on which both the sides consented.
In the meeting, the officials of the two nations also deliberated on issues of encroachment in no man`s land and damage to border pillars.
It was decided that a joint team would conduct a survey after November 25 to remove encroachment and repair the damaged border pillars.
The SP said that deliberations were held on better border management by checking crime and smuggling of contrabands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown