Indo-Nepal border to remain sealed from November 18 to 20
Bahraich: In view of Constituent Assembly elections in Nepal, the Indo-Nepal border will be sealed from November 18 evening to November 20 to prevent illegal movement of people and arms, officials said on Thursday.
The Constituent Assembly elections in Nepal is scheduled for November 19.
Superintendent of Police Mohit Gupta, who returned after attending a meeting of Indo-Nepal Border District Coordination Committee, said the Nepalese officials had sought cooperation of their Indian counterparts for the smooth and peaceful conduct of the polls.
The SP said that during the meeting the Nepalese officers made a proposal to seal the border from 6 pm on November 18 to 6 am on November 20 on which both the sides consented.
In the meeting, the officials of the two nations also deliberated on issues of encroachment in no man`s land and damage to border pillars.
It was decided that a joint team would conduct a survey after November 25 to remove encroachment and repair the damaged border pillars.
The SP said that deliberations were held on better border management by checking crime and smuggling of contrabands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt