Indo-Nepal border to remain sealed from November 18 to 20
Bahraich: In view of Constituent Assembly elections in Nepal, the Indo-Nepal border will be sealed from November 18 evening to November 20 to prevent illegal movement of people and arms, officials said on Thursday.
The Constituent Assembly elections in Nepal is scheduled for November 19.
Superintendent of Police Mohit Gupta, who returned after attending a meeting of Indo-Nepal Border District Coordination Committee, said the Nepalese officials had sought cooperation of their Indian counterparts for the smooth and peaceful conduct of the polls.
The SP said that during the meeting the Nepalese officers made a proposal to seal the border from 6 pm on November 18 to 6 am on November 20 on which both the sides consented.
In the meeting, the officials of the two nations also deliberated on issues of encroachment in no man`s land and damage to border pillars.
It was decided that a joint team would conduct a survey after November 25 to remove encroachment and repair the damaged border pillars.
The SP said that deliberations were held on better border management by checking crime and smuggling of contrabands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?