IPI India journalism award to Tehelka, The Week
New Delhi: Weekly magazines `Tehelka` and
`The Week` have been jointly awarded the International Press
Institute (IPI)-India award for excellence in journalism for
`Tehelka` was selected for its report on "rent a riot"
tactics of the Sree Rama Sene in Karnataka, which exposed that
the outfit takes money to organise attacks on innocent persons
and institutions, the India Chapter of IPI said in a press
`The Week` was selected for its sustained investigative
reporting on sham medical and dental colleges which had no
doctors, no patients and no facilities and yet were permitted
to award medical and dental degrees to thousands of students,
The decision was made by a distinguished jury of editors
and publishers headed by former CJI Justice A S Anand.
The members of the jury included IPI-India Chairman and
`The Hindu` Editor N Ravi, PTI Editor-in-Chief M K Razdan,
`Business Standard` Chairman and Chief Editor T N Ninan and
`Malyala Manorama` Senior Assistant Editor Riyad Mathew.
The award - comprising a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh, a
trophy and a citation to the winner - will be presented here
The IPI is an active forum of editors, publishers and
senior executives of newspapers, magazines and news agencies
committed to promotion of free exchange of accurate and
balanced news among nations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre