Ishrat case: CBI should be given chance to submit evidence on IB officer, says Digvijay
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Friday favoured giving CBI the opportunity to submit its evidence against Special Director of Intelligence Bureau Rajinder Kumar in connection with the college student Ishrat Jahan fake encounter killing case in Gujarat.
Singh said there has been an allegation that the Gujarat Police had carried out the fake encounter and investigation into it has been going on.
"There has also been allegation that some IB officials have done something wrong along with the Gujarat Police. If CBI has the evidence, they should be given the opportunity to prove them," he told reporters here.
The Congress leader was responding to a question on CBI`s decision to summon the senior IB officer in the Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case.
CBI Director Ranjit Sinha has said the agency had enough evidence to back the summons issued to Kumar, a 1979-batch Manipur-Tripura cadre IPS officer, seeking to examine him again in connection with the Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case probe.
CBI had issued the notices to the officer under the provisions of the Code of Criminal Procedure as previous examination of the officer was not satisfactory and replies given by him, the agency said, appeared diversionary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical