Issues of minorities need to be discussed by parties: Khurshid
Jaipur: External Affairs minister Salman Khurshid said on Saturday said the issues and challenges of minorities should be discussed by all political parties together to find logical solutions.
Addressing a seminar here, Khurshid said people have complaints from political parties which can be sorted out when leaders irrespective of political affiliation discuss issues together.
On the issue of reservation, he said it has nothing to do with elections as questioned by some people.
"The matter or reservation or quota has nothing to do with elections. When votes are counted and have importance in democracy, they why some people have problem with vote bank politics," he said.
"Desire for vote should not be a matter of debate. Instead, base to seek votes should be debated," the minister said.
On the calamity in Uttarakhand, Khurshid said it should be discussed that why people who had gone for pilgrimage and to offer prayers had to face catastrophe.
Union Minority Affairs minister K Rehman, BJP President Rajnath Singh and other leaders and activists, including Raza Murad, attended the seminar on `Challenges before Minorities` organised by ETV here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond