Jaitley CDR case: Court defers order on bail plea of constable
New Delhi: A court here on Monday deferred till tomorrow the order on the bail plea of Delhi Police constable Arvind Dabas, who along with three others were arrested in the Arun Jaitley phone tapping case.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (CMM) Amit Bansal, who was scheduled to pass the order today, deferred it till tomorrow as it was yet to be finalised.
Dabas had moved the court seeking bail, saying there was no direct evidence against him and was falsely implicated in the case by the police. He had alleged that he had become a "victim of the system".
He was arrested on February 14 for allegedly trying to access Jaitley`s call details. According to police, Dabas had used the official email ID of an Assistant Commissioner of Police to send a request to a mobile service provider for the call detail records of the BJP leader.
His counsel Naushad Ahmad Khan had argued that there was no direct evidence to book his client under section 420 (cheating) of the IPC and the offences he had accused of by the Special Cell of the Delhi Police were bailable.
The police, on the other hand, had opposed his bail plea and had argued that offences of forgery may be made out against the four arrested accused including Dabas.
Besides Dabas, three private detectives -- Anurag, who is alleged to be the main conspirator, Neeraj and Nitish -- have been arrested and all of them are in judicial custody till March 20.
All the accused have been booked for criminal conspiracy and cheating under the IPC and section 66 of IT Act for computer hacking.
During the arguments held in-camera on Dabas` bail plea, the police had said that offences under sections 464 (making a false document), 468 (forgery for the purpose of cheating) and 471 (using as genuine a forged document) of the IPC may be made out against the accused in the case.
Countering the plea of the accused, the police had said that offences related to forgery under the IPC were non- bailable and Dabas should not be granted the relief.
The police had also said that the chain of events in the case was "complete" which showed "criminality" on the part of the accused and the investigation in the case was still on. According to the police, Dabas was the first to be arrested followed by the others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons