Jaitley CDR case: Court denies bail to five accused
New Delhi: Five persons, including four Delhi police personnel, arrested for allegedly obtaining call detail records of BJP leader Arun Jaitley and others have been denied bail by a court here which said the allegations against them were "very serious in nature".
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Amit Bansal dismissed the bail pleas of assistant sub-inspector Gopal Dass, head constables Harish Singh and Raj Kumar, constable Harish Kumar and another person Puneet Verma.
These accused were arrested along with others in connection with the case for allegedly obtaining 22 call detail records (CDRs) in an unauthorised manner.
"The allegations against the applicants are very serious in nature. The applicants in a deliberate manner and in conspiracy with other accused persons violated the right of privacy of various persons thereby impinging upon their fundamental rights of life and liberty as enshrined under Article 21 of the Constitution of India," the court said.
While dismissing their plea, the court also observed that if granted bail at this stage, the accused may tamper with the evidence.
"Keeping in view the modus operandi of committing the offence and the nature of evidence, it seems that applicants may misuse the liberty of bail at this stage, if admitted to bail and may tamper with the evidence," it said.
The Special Cell of Delhi Police had opposed their bail pleas, saying the probe into the case is at an initial stage and various important aspects are yet to be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi