Jaitley CDR case: Court denies bail to five accused
New Delhi: Five persons, including four Delhi police personnel, arrested for allegedly obtaining call detail records of BJP leader Arun Jaitley and others have been denied bail by a court here which said the allegations against them were "very serious in nature".
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Amit Bansal dismissed the bail pleas of assistant sub-inspector Gopal Dass, head constables Harish Singh and Raj Kumar, constable Harish Kumar and another person Puneet Verma.
These accused were arrested along with others in connection with the case for allegedly obtaining 22 call detail records (CDRs) in an unauthorised manner.
"The allegations against the applicants are very serious in nature. The applicants in a deliberate manner and in conspiracy with other accused persons violated the right of privacy of various persons thereby impinging upon their fundamental rights of life and liberty as enshrined under Article 21 of the Constitution of India," the court said.
While dismissing their plea, the court also observed that if granted bail at this stage, the accused may tamper with the evidence.
"Keeping in view the modus operandi of committing the offence and the nature of evidence, it seems that applicants may misuse the liberty of bail at this stage, if admitted to bail and may tamper with the evidence," it said.
The Special Cell of Delhi Police had opposed their bail pleas, saying the probe into the case is at an initial stage and various important aspects are yet to be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves