Jaitley targets Congress over dynastic politics
Gwalior: Targeting Congress for practising dynastic politics, Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha, Arun Jaitley on Saturday said that a debate should be initiated on whether only a leader born in a particular family should lead the country.
Without naming Congress Vice President and it`s heir-apparent Rahul Gandhi, Jaitley said, "these days there is a move in the Congress to hand over the reins to him. Is India a dynastic democracy? The BJP should initiate a debate in the country on the issue."
Jaitley was addressing a meeting of party`s booth-level coordinators here.
"There is a need to initiate a debate on whether only a leader born in a particular family should lead the country or the states or it should be the one who became a leader because of his abilities," he observed.
Referring to all top BJP leaders including former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, LK Advani, Narendra Modi, Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Dr Raman Singh, he said that they became leaders not because of any family link, but because of their hard work.
Criticising Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for his failures, specially corruption, he said that the country has not seen such a corrupt government in its history and policy paralysis affecting economic growth.
"For the first time in the country there is a policy paralysis as the economic growth has come down to five per cent from the eight per cent which is a matter of concern," Jaitley said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM