`Jan Sansad` against corruption in Delhi: Patkar
Gopalganj (Bihar): A `Jan Sansad` would be organised in New Delhi between March 19 and March 23 to discuss the issue of corruption, social activist Medha Patkar said here on Thursday.
Patkar, who is on a tour of Bihar as part of her `Bharat Bhraman` programme, said people`s opinions must be taken into consideration while framing an anti-corruption bill and this
issue would be raised at the `Jan Sansad`.
"The Parliament must take people`s voices into consideration while framing a policy to tackle corruption and the people`s decree will be supreme," she said, addressing a
gathering at Vivekanand Inter College ground here.
She also said that she was together with Anna Hazare and Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev in their fight against corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH