`Jan Sansad` against corruption in Delhi: Patkar
Gopalganj (Bihar): A `Jan Sansad` would be organised in New Delhi between March 19 and March 23 to discuss the issue of corruption, social activist Medha Patkar said here on Thursday.
Patkar, who is on a tour of Bihar as part of her `Bharat Bhraman` programme, said people`s opinions must be taken into consideration while framing an anti-corruption bill and this
issue would be raised at the `Jan Sansad`.
"The Parliament must take people`s voices into consideration while framing a policy to tackle corruption and the people`s decree will be supreme," she said, addressing a
gathering at Vivekanand Inter College ground here.
She also said that she was together with Anna Hazare and Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev in their fight against corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog