`Jan Sansad` against corruption in Delhi: Patkar
Gopalganj (Bihar): A `Jan Sansad` would be organised in New Delhi between March 19 and March 23 to discuss the issue of corruption, social activist Medha Patkar said here on Thursday.
Patkar, who is on a tour of Bihar as part of her `Bharat Bhraman` programme, said people`s opinions must be taken into consideration while framing an anti-corruption bill and this
issue would be raised at the `Jan Sansad`.
"The Parliament must take people`s voices into consideration while framing a policy to tackle corruption and the people`s decree will be supreme," she said, addressing a
gathering at Vivekanand Inter College ground here.
She also said that she was together with Anna Hazare and Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev in their fight against corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY