Justice Aftab Alam likely to be new TDSAT Chairman
New Delhi: The Telecom Ministry is believed to have cleared the name of retired Supreme Court judge Aftab Alam for appointment as chairman of tribunal TDSAT.
"We have approved the file and send it to ACC (Appointments Committee of the Cabinet)," sources in the ministry said.
The telecom tribunal, which has a sanctioned strength of three members, one Chairman and two members, has been without head after Chairman Justice S B Sinha retired in November, 2012.
The functioning of the Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) was halted after its lone member P K Rastogi hung up his boots in February after serving three years.
Alam retired as a Supreme Court jujdge in April. He was part of the bench that rejected Swiss pharma major Novartis AG plea for getting its blood cancer drug Glivec patented in India.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights