Justice Aftab Alam likely to be new TDSAT Chairman
New Delhi: The Telecom Ministry is believed to have cleared the name of retired Supreme Court judge Aftab Alam for appointment as chairman of tribunal TDSAT.
"We have approved the file and send it to ACC (Appointments Committee of the Cabinet)," sources in the ministry said.
The telecom tribunal, which has a sanctioned strength of three members, one Chairman and two members, has been without head after Chairman Justice S B Sinha retired in November, 2012.
The functioning of the Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) was halted after its lone member P K Rastogi hung up his boots in February after serving three years.
Alam retired as a Supreme Court jujdge in April. He was part of the bench that rejected Swiss pharma major Novartis AG plea for getting its blood cancer drug Glivec patented in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot