Kapil Sibal bereaved
Chandigarh: Noted lawyer Hira Lall Sibal, father of Union Minister Kapil Sibal, on Saturday passed away after prolonged illness. He was 98.
Sibal breathed his last at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Centre at around 10:30 am, hospital officials said.
He had been admitted in a critical condition a few days back as he was suffering from pneumonia and cardiac problems.
He leaves behind four sons including Virender Sibal, Jitendar Sibal (both retired IAS officers), Kanwal Sibal (former IFS officer) and Kapil Sibal (Union Minister). He also has a daughter, Asha Nanda.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal expressed profound grief and sorrow over the demise of the legal luminary.
In his condolence message, he described Hira Lall Sibal, recipient of the prestigious Padma Bhushan and Punjab Rattan awards, as an eminent jurist and an able administrator who had rendered distinguished service in the arena of law and jurisprudence.
Badal said Hira Lall`s death had left a void which would be difficult to fill and recalled the outstanding services of the renowned lawyer who practiced for over five decades at the Punjab and Haryana High Court and the Supreme Court.
Badal described the passing away of Sibal as a personal loss adding that he has shared warm ties with the Sibal family for many years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India