Kapil Sibal takes charge as Law Minister
New Delhi: Kapil Sibal on Monday assumed the charge of the Union Law Ministry, taking over from Ashwani Kumar who resigned last week after he came under attack in the Supreme Court for vetting the CBI report on the allocation of coal blocks.
Sibal will hold additional charge of law along with the communications and information technology ministry.
"I am thankful to prime minister (Manmohan Singh) and Congress chief (Sonia Gandhi) for assigning me this job. With a year to go for next Lok Sabha elections, I will do my best to fulfill the responsibilities," Sibal told reporters here.
Ashwani Kumar resigned Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje