Kapil Sibal takes charge as Law Minister
New Delhi: Kapil Sibal on Monday assumed the charge of the Union Law Ministry, taking over from Ashwani Kumar who resigned last week after he came under attack in the Supreme Court for vetting the CBI report on the allocation of coal blocks.
Sibal will hold additional charge of law along with the communications and information technology ministry.
"I am thankful to prime minister (Manmohan Singh) and Congress chief (Sonia Gandhi) for assigning me this job. With a year to go for next Lok Sabha elections, I will do my best to fulfill the responsibilities," Sibal told reporters here.
Ashwani Kumar resigned Friday.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- US-EU trade deal 'risks' emerge in leak
- Thankful Centre accepted mistake of calling off talks with Pakistan: Omar Abdullah
- Federal Bank says done with NPAs; sounds positive about FY17
- Mulberry love: Check out five incredible health benefits of the super fruit!
- Radiotherapy can affect lung cancer patients adversely