Keralite among dead in Nigerian plane crash
Kochi: A 26-year-old computer engineer from Kerala was among 153 passengers and crew killed in the Nigerian plane crash on Sunday.
Rijo K Eldhose, employed with Hewlett and Packard, was on his way to Lagos from Abuja in the Nigerian capital to attend a conference when the plane crashed.
The only son of Kochukudi Eldhose, a former Army official, and Elizabeth of Avolichalil at Kavalangad panchayat, Rijo had been working in Nigeria for the past four years and was expected in Kerala in July for a vacation, family sources said.
His relatives were also planning to get him married.
Rijo used to visit his home town every year on a month-ong vacation. His only sister is in Abdu Dhabi, they said.
The family was informed about the tragedy by the parents of Rijo`s colleague.
A passenger plane crashed into a residential area in Lagos on Sunday, killing all 153 people on board including an Indian co-pilot, and over 40 others on the ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured