Keralite among dead in Nigerian plane crash
Kochi: A 26-year-old computer engineer from Kerala was among 153 passengers and crew killed in the Nigerian plane crash on Sunday.
Rijo K Eldhose, employed with Hewlett and Packard, was on his way to Lagos from Abuja in the Nigerian capital to attend a conference when the plane crashed.
The only son of Kochukudi Eldhose, a former Army official, and Elizabeth of Avolichalil at Kavalangad panchayat, Rijo had been working in Nigeria for the past four years and was expected in Kerala in July for a vacation, family sources said.
His relatives were also planning to get him married.
Rijo used to visit his home town every year on a month-ong vacation. His only sister is in Abdu Dhabi, they said.
The family was informed about the tragedy by the parents of Rijo`s colleague.
A passenger plane crashed into a residential area in Lagos on Sunday, killing all 153 people on board including an Indian co-pilot, and over 40 others on the ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!