Keralites in Dubai ask govt for online head count
Dubai: Keralites living in the Gulf region appealed to the Kerala government to use online means to register people from the state living abroad.
The Non-Resident Keralite (NRKs) survey, which began on May1 in Kerala along with the sixth economic census of the Central Statistical Organisation, will cover the entire household across the state to enumerate the exact number of people working abroad and also the expatriates.
In a statement released by Pravasi Bandhu Welfare Trust, its Chairman K V Shamsudheen said that a large number of Keralites live with their family members abroad and their houses back home are locked.
"There will not be any one available in their house to give the data when enumerators visit. Only solution is to start a portal and request NRKs living abroad with family to enter their data on line," the statement said.
According to Shamsudheen, the government must publish the basic information required to give online date of NRKs - like panchayat, municipality, corporation name, ward number, house number, etc.
The trust hailed the fact that Kerala government is the first state making a bid to get head count of approximately 2.2 million Non Resident Keralites working abroad.
"This census also will not give hundred percent correct figure of number of NRKs working abroad. More than 10 percent of NRKs are living abroad with family. There are many schools with Kerala syllabus with thousands of students" said the statement.
It added that in all other Indian schools also have a large number of NRK students. This indicates that many NRKs are living abroad with family.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers