Khurshid takes a swipe at Sushma Swaraj
New Delhi: Sushma Swaraj`s bid to link the terror attack in Srinagar with the lunch hosted in Jaipur to Pakistani Prime Minister Raja Parvez Ashraf Thursday irked External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid who advised the Leader of Opposition to take tablets to improve her memory.
Responding to a question on Swaraj`s remarks in the House, Khurshid recalled that the summit between then Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee and then Pakistani Military ruler Pervez Musharraf in Agra in 2001, in the backdrop of Kargil war, had failed.
"I think that there are tablets which you can get for improving your memory. They should buy enough of those tablets to improve their memory," Khurshid told reporters outside Parliament House when asked about the senior BJP leader`s charge.
Criticising the government for failing to check terror strikes in the country, Swaraj said in Lok Sabha,"The External Affairs Minister treats Pakistani Prime Minister to a sumptuous lunch when he comes to Ajmer Sharif and just four days later, this terror attack happens. ... We should unite and challenge Pakistan."
Raising the issue in zero hour, Swaraj also said, "I salute the Diwan of Ajmer Sharif (who refused to welcome the visiting Pakistani Premier last week). He did what the government could not do."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi