Lalu slams Raj for habitually insulting Bihari migrants
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Sunday slammed MNS chief Raj Thackeray for blaming Bihari migrants for the Delhi gang-rape case and related incidents occurring elsewhere in the country.
"It has become a habit of (Raj) Thackeray and his extended family (Shiv Sena) to insult Bihari migrants all the time and for all crimes taking place in the country," he said.
They should refrain from making habitual and insulting remarks against the Bihari migrants as these were not in national interests, Prasad told reporters.
Flaying the tendency to equate the people of a particular state with crimes, the RJD chief said people of a state in general could not be blamed for crimes, the perpetrators of which should be dealt with sternly.
The Thackerays were guilty of making insulting and provocative comments against the Bihari migrants to further their divisive political agenda, he said.
Prasad said he sought to remind the MNS and Shiv Sena leaders that the people of Bihar have played a great role in promotion of unity and integrity of the country and they too have been victims of brutal assault and crimes, he said.
Prasad was referring to the murder of an engineering student from Bihar in Odisha recently.
The perpetrators of crimes against the Biharis in other states have not been targeted or subjected to insulting remarks and it would be unfair to do so, the RJD leader said.
Prasad also hit out at the RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat for "insensitive" remarks against women telling them various do`s and don`ts, besides attributing rising incidents of crime against women to the Western values and lifestyles being adopted by urban Indian people.
Bhagwat should note that men commit most of the crimes occurring in the society and not women, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information