Land acquisition bill to be brought in this session: Ramesh
Anand (Guj): Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh on Saturday said Centre will bring in revised Land Acquisition Bill in the forthcoming session of Parliament as there was a political consensus on it.
"We will bring the revised bill in this session. All political parties want to get it passed," Ramesh said here.
"States have given their suggestions and I have also met opposition leaders like Arun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj and had discussion with them," Ramesh said, adding, all the political parties wanted the 1984 act to be changed.
"Land acquisition was done forcibly till now and farmers were not given adequate compensation, but this bill will address these concerns," he said.
"There have been cases where land (acquired for public purposes) has been utilised for building shopping malls or private housing societies," Ramesh added.
The Parliament session will start on April 22. An all-party meeting was held in New Delhi on April 9 to iron out differences on the bill.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!