Lashkar, Indian Mujahideen keen on attacking India
New Delhi: The Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) and the Indian Mujahideen are interested in carrying out terrorist violence in India but there are no such inputs about the Taliban, the government said Tuesday.
Minister of State for Home RPN Singh told the Lok Sabha that the Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) and the Khalistan Tiger Force (KTF) too fell in the category of groups keen to stage attacks in India.
"The central intelligence agencies have no specific inputs indicating (a) threat from Taliban," he said in a written statement.
But intelligence inputs indicated that the other four groups, including the Pakistan-based Laskhar, showed "abiding interest" in carrying out terrorist violence, he added.
The minister said there was "a very close and effective coordination" among intelligence agencies in the central and state levels and this had "resulted in bursting of terrorist modules".
He said the Multi Agency Centre had been strengthened and reorganized to enable it to function on 24x7 basis for real time collation and sharing of intelligence with other intelligence agencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- 'No past govts ever achieved as much as Narendra Modi did in past two years'
- Eight injured in bus blast in Haryana, government forms SIT
- CBSE Class 10th Results 2016: (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) CBSE 10th result 2016, CBSE Class 10th X Results 2016, CBSE Board 10th Class results to be declared today
- Watch video: Zeus the husky throws the most priceless tantrum; refuses get off the couch!
- Five killed as boiler bursts in private chemical company in Dombivli township