Last rites of Sunanda likely on Saturday evening
New Delhi: The last rites of Sunanda Pushkar, the wife of Union Minister Shashi Tharoor, are likely to be conducted at the Lodhi Road crematorium later on Saturday evening.
The body of 52-year-old Pushkar, a woman entrepreneur who married Tharoor in August 2010, was found in the Leela Palace Hotel in South Delhi last evening.
Sources said some of Pushkar`s family members, including her brother and son Shiv Menon, visited AIIMS where post-mortem on her body is being conducted by a three-member panel of senior doctors.
Besides police investigation, an inquiry by a sub divisional magistrate has been initiated into Pushkar`s death. Any death within seven years of marriage is legally required to be investigated by the sub-divisional magistrate.
Pushkar and Tharoor were at the centre of a raging controversy earlier this week when reports emerged that she was upset over text and tweet messages exchanged between her husband and Mehr Tarar, a Pakistani journalist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index