Last rites of Sunanda likely on Saturday evening
New Delhi: The last rites of Sunanda Pushkar, the wife of Union Minister Shashi Tharoor, are likely to be conducted at the Lodhi Road crematorium later on Saturday evening.
The body of 52-year-old Pushkar, a woman entrepreneur who married Tharoor in August 2010, was found in the Leela Palace Hotel in South Delhi last evening.
Sources said some of Pushkar`s family members, including her brother and son Shiv Menon, visited AIIMS where post-mortem on her body is being conducted by a three-member panel of senior doctors.
Besides police investigation, an inquiry by a sub divisional magistrate has been initiated into Pushkar`s death. Any death within seven years of marriage is legally required to be investigated by the sub-divisional magistrate.
Pushkar and Tharoor were at the centre of a raging controversy earlier this week when reports emerged that she was upset over text and tweet messages exchanged between her husband and Mehr Tarar, a Pakistani journalist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!