Last rites of Sunanda likely on Saturday evening
New Delhi: The last rites of Sunanda Pushkar, the wife of Union Minister Shashi Tharoor, are likely to be conducted at the Lodhi Road crematorium later on Saturday evening.
The body of 52-year-old Pushkar, a woman entrepreneur who married Tharoor in August 2010, was found in the Leela Palace Hotel in South Delhi last evening.
Sources said some of Pushkar`s family members, including her brother and son Shiv Menon, visited AIIMS where post-mortem on her body is being conducted by a three-member panel of senior doctors.
Besides police investigation, an inquiry by a sub divisional magistrate has been initiated into Pushkar`s death. Any death within seven years of marriage is legally required to be investigated by the sub-divisional magistrate.
Pushkar and Tharoor were at the centre of a raging controversy earlier this week when reports emerged that she was upset over text and tweet messages exchanged between her husband and Mehr Tarar, a Pakistani journalist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh