Law minister will not resign: Manmohan Singh
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Saturday ruled out the resignation of Law Minister Ashwani Kumar.
The Prime Minister`s assertion comes a day after the opposition demanded the law minister`s removal for vetting a draft of the CBI probe report on the coal scam, meant only for the Supreme Court.
"There is no question of the law minister resigning... the matter is sub judice," the prime minister told reporters Saturday on the sidelines of a defence investiture ceremony at Rashtrapati Bhavan here.
Expressing displeasure at the opposition`s disruption of parliament over the issue, Manmohan Singh said: "Opposition should allow parliament to function. We are making a mockery of the system. The whole world is laughing at us."
On the Chinese army`s incursion into Ladakh, the prime minister said: "We have a plan, we do not want to accentuate the situation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged