Law minister will not resign: Manmohan Singh
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Saturday ruled out the resignation of Law Minister Ashwani Kumar.
The Prime Minister`s assertion comes a day after the opposition demanded the law minister`s removal for vetting a draft of the CBI probe report on the coal scam, meant only for the Supreme Court.
"There is no question of the law minister resigning... the matter is sub judice," the prime minister told reporters Saturday on the sidelines of a defence investiture ceremony at Rashtrapati Bhavan here.
Expressing displeasure at the opposition`s disruption of parliament over the issue, Manmohan Singh said: "Opposition should allow parliament to function. We are making a mockery of the system. The whole world is laughing at us."
On the Chinese army`s incursion into Ladakh, the prime minister said: "We have a plan, we do not want to accentuate the situation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened