Left lashes out at govt for giving Z-plus cover to Mukesh Ambani
New Delhi: Left parties on Monday lashed out at the government for providing armed commando cover to top corporate leader Mukesh Ambani, saying the common people have been left in the lurch as gruesome incidents of rape keep happening.
"It is unprecedented that at a time when such ghastly and gruesome incidents of rape are taking place and people are demanding more security, Z-plus category of security is given to a top corporate leader like Ambani and the commoners left in the lurch," senior CPI(M) leader Basudeb Acharia told reporters here.
In the same vein, veteran CPI leader AB Bardhan said at a time when the "police force is unable to provide security to its citizens, ensure safety for women, and even 4 or 5-year-old girl children are raped under their very nose, the government has ordered Z-plus security for the country`s richest corporate tycoon Mukesh Ambani and even protection for his sprawling residential building `Antilia`.”
"Our party demands that the government order be rescinded and the CRPF be sent back for their primary task," Bardhan said, adding, "This is the first time a private person, because he happens to be an Ambani, is being provided with such security for his person and his residence by a government which is failing every day to protect the common man, especially women and children."
He said, "It is matter of shame for this government and shows for whom it works. Mukesh Ambani has all the resources at his command to provide security for himself and his establishments."
To a question whether CPI(M) would support capital punishment in gruesome rape cases, Acharia said, "We will consider it, discuss it further, especially individual cases....The situation has changed and, therefore, this issue has to be thought over."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’