Lok Sabha adjourned till noon
New Delhi: A vociferous opposition Wednesday forced adjournment of the Lok Sabha on the issue of non-availability of gunny bags to farmers for storage and transportation of their record farm produce.
As soon as the House met, BJP members were on their feet raising slogans to "end discrimination against Madhya Pradesh" on the issue of non-availability of gunny bags to farmers.
Almost on cue, SP and AIADMK members trooped into the Well raising the issue and wanted the Centre to take immediate steps to make available jute bags to farmers.
JD-U members were also seen raising slogans from their seats.
As the Opposition showed no signs of softening their stand on the issue, Speaker Meira Kumar adjourned the Lok Sabha till noon.
While plastic bags had been banned, the government was following international norms for packaging of sugar, wheat and rice stored in biodegradable jute bags.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred