Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar to take salute from BSF troops
New Delhi: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar will take ceremonial salute from the troops of country`s second largest paramilitary force BSF at a guard of honour function on its Raising Day here later this week.
Kumar will be the chief guest of the Border Security Force (BSF) celebrations on the occasion of its 48th Raising Day on December 1.
The force was raised in 1965 as a border guarding unit and at present is deployed to guard Indian frontiers with Pakistan and Bangladesh.
It also renders a variety of roles in the internal security domain including conducting anti-Naxal operations.
The celebrations during the Raising Day would include a march past by the troopers and a show of their skills and weapons including award of police medals by Kumar at the BSF camp in south Delhi.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today