Lt Gen Kochar is new Signal Officer-in-chief
New Delhi: Lieutenant General S P Kochar
Thursday took over as the Signal Officer-in-Chief of the Indian Army following the retirement of Lt Gen P Mohapatra on August 31 here.
Lt General Kochar has held several important posts in his
As an Additional Director General (ADG) of Personnel
Services at Army Headquarters, he also headed the Tri-Services
Anomalies Resolution Committee to address anomalies of the
Sixth Central Pay Commission.
The General Officer holds two M.Phil degrees and is an
M.Tech from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) and has
undergone several in-service professional courses including
the National Defence College (NDC) Course and the Army’s
Higher Command Course (HCC).
He is a recipient of with the Ati-Vishisht Seva Medal
(AVSM), Sena Medal (SM) and the Vishisht Seva Medal (VSM).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred