Lt Gen Kochar is new Signal Officer-in-chief
New Delhi: Lieutenant General S P Kochar
Thursday took over as the Signal Officer-in-Chief of the Indian Army following the retirement of Lt Gen P Mohapatra on August 31 here.
Lt General Kochar has held several important posts in his
As an Additional Director General (ADG) of Personnel
Services at Army Headquarters, he also headed the Tri-Services
Anomalies Resolution Committee to address anomalies of the
Sixth Central Pay Commission.
The General Officer holds two M.Phil degrees and is an
M.Tech from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) and has
undergone several in-service professional courses including
the National Defence College (NDC) Course and the Army’s
Higher Command Course (HCC).
He is a recipient of with the Ati-Vishisht Seva Medal
(AVSM), Sena Medal (SM) and the Vishisht Seva Medal (VSM).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users