Lt Gen Kochar is new Signal Officer-in-chief
New Delhi: Lieutenant General S P Kochar
Thursday took over as the Signal Officer-in-Chief of the Indian Army following the retirement of Lt Gen P Mohapatra on August 31 here.
Lt General Kochar has held several important posts in his
As an Additional Director General (ADG) of Personnel
Services at Army Headquarters, he also headed the Tri-Services
Anomalies Resolution Committee to address anomalies of the
Sixth Central Pay Commission.
The General Officer holds two M.Phil degrees and is an
M.Tech from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) and has
undergone several in-service professional courses including
the National Defence College (NDC) Course and the Army’s
Higher Command Course (HCC).
He is a recipient of with the Ati-Vishisht Seva Medal
(AVSM), Sena Medal (SM) and the Vishisht Seva Medal (VSM).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali