‘Made in Pakistan’ bombs, ammo recovered from Maoists
New Delhi/Ranchi: Adding to the already tense stand-off between India and Pakistan over the killing of two Indian soldiers in Jammu and Kashmir, security forces in Jharkhand have found ‘made in Pakistan’ grenades and ammunition among the items recovered from the site of the Maoist attack in Latehar, a report said.
It is for the first time that ammunition with Pakistani markings has been recovered from Maoists; earlier some Chinese ammunition was recovered.
Generally, all ammunition are marked with details of the originating country and so did the ammunition recovered from the encounter site in Latehar district of Jharkhand where 11 CRPF jawans were killed and explosives attached to their bodies.
As per The Times of India, security and intelligence establishment have been tracking reports of Maoists getting ammunition supply from Pakistan and China; however, they don’t have any credible evidence of a direct contact between the insurgents and the official agencies of the two countries.
Clearly, India has reasons to worry if it is established that Pakistan has established a link with Maoists who operate in the heart of India - would warrant a change of tactics by the Indian establishment.
The newspaper quoted senior officials as saying that the recent attack in Latehar was one of the most gruesome Maoist attacks. Maoists cut open the stomach of a dead trooper to implant a bomb inside which was defused after doctors conducting an autopsy raised an alarm.
Maoists are active in 18 of Jharkhand`s 24 districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read