Madhavan Nair picks holes in ISRO report
Bangalore: Picking holes in the high-level
team report that indicted him in the Antrix-Devas deal, former
ISRO chief G Madhavan Nair today said it had "inconsistencies
and inaccuracies" and attacked the Department of Space headed
by his successor K Radhakrishnan for "cowardice" in releasing
only "convinent portions".
"The convenient portions they have picked up and put it
in public domain. This is totally unfair. When you publish a
report, it should be in totality," Nair told PTI a day after
DOS released two key reports based on which he and three other
scientists were barred from holding any government position.
The DoS last night made public the report of the high
power review committee (HPRC) made up of B K Chaturvedi and
Prof Roddam Narasimha and (only) conclusions and
recommendations of the five-member high-level team (HLT),
headed by former Chief Vigilance Commissioner Pratyush Sinha.
HPRC went into various aspects of the scrapped
Antrix-Devas agreement while HLT was set up to examine the
deal and identify acts of omission and commission on part of
Nair said there are a "lot of inconsistencies and
inaccuracies" in the HLT report. "This shows that it is not a
fair deal meted out to the entire team (of four scientists).
Terming the HLT findings as "very serious allegations,"
he wondered why no explanation was sought from the people
concerned and a formal inquiry conducted. "This has not
happened. This is what is puzzling me," Nair said.
"If the Department is so much convinced that so many
atrocities have been committed, they should order an enquiry
and get to the root of the issue," he said. "This (HLT report)
is...I will imagine is the feelings of one or two individuals
of the committee rather than the actual findings," Nair said
in an indirect reference to Radhakrishnan, who is also part of
the five-member HLT.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened