Madhavan Nair picks holes in ISRO report
Bangalore: Picking holes in the high-level
team report that indicted him in the Antrix-Devas deal, former
ISRO chief G Madhavan Nair today said it had "inconsistencies
and inaccuracies" and attacked the Department of Space headed
by his successor K Radhakrishnan for "cowardice" in releasing
only "convinent portions".
"The convenient portions they have picked up and put it
in public domain. This is totally unfair. When you publish a
report, it should be in totality," Nair told PTI a day after
DOS released two key reports based on which he and three other
scientists were barred from holding any government position.
The DoS last night made public the report of the high
power review committee (HPRC) made up of B K Chaturvedi and
Prof Roddam Narasimha and (only) conclusions and
recommendations of the five-member high-level team (HLT),
headed by former Chief Vigilance Commissioner Pratyush Sinha.
HPRC went into various aspects of the scrapped
Antrix-Devas agreement while HLT was set up to examine the
deal and identify acts of omission and commission on part of
Nair said there are a "lot of inconsistencies and
inaccuracies" in the HLT report. "This shows that it is not a
fair deal meted out to the entire team (of four scientists).
Terming the HLT findings as "very serious allegations,"
he wondered why no explanation was sought from the people
concerned and a formal inquiry conducted. "This has not
happened. This is what is puzzling me," Nair said.
"If the Department is so much convinced that so many
atrocities have been committed, they should order an enquiry
and get to the root of the issue," he said. "This (HLT report)
is...I will imagine is the feelings of one or two individuals
of the committee rather than the actual findings," Nair said
in an indirect reference to Radhakrishnan, who is also part of
the five-member HLT.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now