Mahboob Alam gets additional charge of ITBP
New Delhi: Senior IPS officer Mahboob Alam has been given additional charge of Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) force.
The 1981 batch IPS officer of Tamil Nadu cadre is currently Additional DG in ITBP.
Alam will look after the duties of the Director General with immediate effect and till an officer to the post is appointed on regular basis, or until further orders, an official release stated on Tuesday.
The post fell vacant after Ranjit Sinha, who was heading ITBP, was appointed CBI director on November 22, for a period of two years. Sinha is a 1974 batch IPS officer of Bihar cadre.
ITBP personnel are deployed on border guarding duties from Karakoram Pass in Ladakh to Jachep La in Arunachal Pradesh covering 3,488 kms of Sino-India border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued