Mahboob Alam gets additional charge of ITBP
New Delhi: Senior IPS officer Mahboob Alam has been given additional charge of Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) force.
The 1981 batch IPS officer of Tamil Nadu cadre is currently Additional DG in ITBP.
Alam will look after the duties of the Director General with immediate effect and till an officer to the post is appointed on regular basis, or until further orders, an official release stated on Tuesday.
The post fell vacant after Ranjit Sinha, who was heading ITBP, was appointed CBI director on November 22, for a period of two years. Sinha is a 1974 batch IPS officer of Bihar cadre.
ITBP personnel are deployed on border guarding duties from Karakoram Pass in Ladakh to Jachep La in Arunachal Pradesh covering 3,488 kms of Sino-India border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read