Manmohan Singh, Nawaz Sharif may meet in New York
Zee Media Bureau/ Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi/Islamabad: Reports have claimed that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is expected to meet his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly in New York this month.
Sources said the two sides are working on the dates of the meeting to be held later this month.
It comes in the backdrop of tensions between the two nations over ceasefire violations along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir.
While PM Manmohan Singh will address the UNGA on September 28, Nawaz Sharif will do so a day earlier.
After his election victory, Nawaz Sharif had stressed on the need to improve bilateral ties. However, recent skirmishes along the border and LoC in Jammu and Kashmir have vitiated the atmosphere for any talks.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today