Miffed Jharkhand Speaker dares Cong MLA
Ranchi: Jharkhand Assembly Speaker C P Singh
today dared a Congress MLA to prove his charge that the House
was being conducted at the behest of a handful of members.
"Why are you raising an accusing finger at me always?
Why don`t you prove your allegations in the house? Name the
handful of people. Who are the sycophants, you say," Singh
asked Congress MLA Chandrasekhar Dubey.
The Speaker`s reaction came after Dubey alleged that the
House was being conducted at the behest of "a handful of
Dubey also claimed he was being deprived of raising
issues pertaining to his constituency and delay in the
reinstatement of employees in the Jamadava colliery in Dhanbad
despite a labor ministry directive to the owning company.
Tempers frayed when the Speaker was about to read three
adjournment motions when Dubey intervened with a litany of
`woes`, prompting Singh to say "you don`t deserve to be
Dubey, who had brought his charges through an adjournment
motion, demanded that it be accepted.
Deputy Chief Minister and JMM leader Hemant Soren
remarked that it could be a transfer-posting matter for Dubey
after the Congress MLA also raised the issue of shortage of
block development officers and Circle officers in his
On the other hand, five/six ruling MLAs came to the well
demanding pension for those who participated in the statehood
Irked by the din, Singh adjourned the house till 2 pm.
Pinning posters of their demands, JMM MLAs Lobin
Hembrom, Jaiprakash Bhai Patel and AJSU legislators Umakant
Razzak and Kamal Kishore Bhagat caused disruption of the House
as soon as it convened.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi