Miss Venezuela is Miss World 2011
London: Miss Venezuela Ivian Sarcos was crowned Miss World 2011 at an extravagant ceremony here at the Earls Court Sunday evening.
The 21-year-old won the diamond-shaped throne defeating over 100 beauties from various parts of the world at the 61st Miss World contest.
Miss Philippines Gwendoline Ruais was the first runner-up and Miss Puerto Rico Amanda Perez became the second runner-up.
The gala event kicked off with a dynamic performance by British street dance troup Diversity and ended with Miss World 2010 Alexandria Mills crowning Sarcos.
The jury included former Miss World winners -- Cindy Breakspeare (1976), Nigeria Agbani Darego (2001), Zhang Zilin (2007) and Kaiane Aldorino (2009).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena