Modi becoming face of BJP will electorally benefit Congress: Moily
Bangalore: Union minister M Veerappa Moily on Sunday said that if BJP projects Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as its face in the Lok Sabha polls, it would electorally benefit the Congress.
Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a function here, before Modi was anointed as Election Campaign Committee Chairman by BJP for the 2014 elections, the former Karnataka Chief Minister referred to the 2002 riots in Gujarat.
The senior Congress leader claimed that 30 crore minorities would vote for his party if the BJP projects Modi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference