Modi becoming face of BJP will electorally benefit Congress: Moily
Bangalore: Union minister M Veerappa Moily on Sunday said that if BJP projects Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as its face in the Lok Sabha polls, it would electorally benefit the Congress.
Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a function here, before Modi was anointed as Election Campaign Committee Chairman by BJP for the 2014 elections, the former Karnataka Chief Minister referred to the 2002 riots in Gujarat.
The senior Congress leader claimed that 30 crore minorities would vote for his party if the BJP projects Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed