Modi becoming face of BJP will electorally benefit Congress: Moily
Bangalore: Union minister M Veerappa Moily on Sunday said that if BJP projects Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as its face in the Lok Sabha polls, it would electorally benefit the Congress.
Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a function here, before Modi was anointed as Election Campaign Committee Chairman by BJP for the 2014 elections, the former Karnataka Chief Minister referred to the 2002 riots in Gujarat.
The senior Congress leader claimed that 30 crore minorities would vote for his party if the BJP projects Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH