Modi becoming face of BJP will electorally benefit Congress: Moily
Bangalore: Union minister M Veerappa Moily on Sunday said that if BJP projects Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as its face in the Lok Sabha polls, it would electorally benefit the Congress.
Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a function here, before Modi was anointed as Election Campaign Committee Chairman by BJP for the 2014 elections, the former Karnataka Chief Minister referred to the 2002 riots in Gujarat.
The senior Congress leader claimed that 30 crore minorities would vote for his party if the BJP projects Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- US Open: After clinching second Olympic gold, Andy Murray eyes fourth Grand Slam title
- Dahi Handi events in Dadar, Thane flout Supreme Court rule; human pyramids go beyond 20 feet
- Sleep deprivation may lead to memory loss
- Why are people going so crazy over Reliance Jio test SIM
- Newborn with Zika virus found infected 2 months after birth