Modi becoming face of BJP will electorally benefit Congress: Moily
Bangalore: Union minister M Veerappa Moily on Sunday said that if BJP projects Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as its face in the Lok Sabha polls, it would electorally benefit the Congress.
Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a function here, before Modi was anointed as Election Campaign Committee Chairman by BJP for the 2014 elections, the former Karnataka Chief Minister referred to the 2002 riots in Gujarat.
The senior Congress leader claimed that 30 crore minorities would vote for his party if the BJP projects Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'